In Date Night Girlfriends Maddie Jane Weekends

Weekend Wrap Up

We had SUCH a great weekend!! Date night, girlfriend time, and tons of snuggles with my girl. Can't think of much better lineup! We started Friday night off with an ahhhmazing date night. Ms Sam came over to keep MJ and we headed to a wine bar literally a stone's throw away from our house.



From the outside this place looks kinda lame, but we quickly discovered that we had found a GEM. The front part is a regular bar and a couple small tables to eat at, then in the back they have (for lack of a better term) wine ATMs..



You purchase a wine debit card and you insert it in the machine to select which wine you would like - by the pour, half glass, or glass. The label above each wine showed the region it was from, the components, its rating, and how much a bottle would be to purchase. 


THEN if this place couldn't get any better.. they have cooking classes with wine pairings in the back! I am so stinkin in love with this place and we will def be back ASAP for a class! 


I almost talked AJ into staying there all night, but we headed to our dinner reservation after several trips around the wine ATM. We tried Hopstix in Chamblee - it's a robata grill - something we have never done before!


Most of the meats are on skewers and smoked on the robata. While I stayed pretty safe with two different types of salmon, AJ did chicken gizzards and baby octopus! 


This restaurant also doubles as a brewery - AJ did a flight of IPA while I stuck with wine.


We were at home in bed by 10am. SOLID date night. So thankful for Ms. Sam and always being able to trust her with our girl! 


Saturday morning we were up bright and early playing with our girl! 




I had plans to meet up with Kelley that morning, so AJ took Maddie Jane (and Lovey) to the grocery store. 


Meanwhile.. Kell and I went to Ponce City Market. This was my first time and ohhh my goodness. Obsessed.



#SchnookSaturdays #BestiesOnTheBeltline



Just a big dump of photos, because I couldn't decide which to post..











We walked the Beltline and then stopped at New Realm Brewery.







We had lunch at Fish Camp in Ponce City.. didn't get a picture, but man it was good. Girlfriend time is so good for the soul.



I got back home to this girl waking up from nap, so we immediately hit up the park on this goooorgeous day.



We also had Sanders for Bev and Ben last weekend! Maddie Jane is such a fan of having a big dog to boss around!



I LOVED Ponce City Market so much, I talked AJ into going back again on Sunday! He was hesitant, but then was completely sold once we got there.



Especially when I indulged him and agreed to ramen (his favorite, not mine). And we discovered it is also Maddie Jane's favorite! Girl CHOWED down.



Ahhhh just something about being outside during these first view weeks of spring. Man I love my city, and our home, and my job. Finally checked that off the bucket list.


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment