In Family Maddie Jane Weekends

Life Lately


A few weeks ago there was a HUGE water main break in DeKalb county, so Maddie Jane's school was closed. And I got to have an impromptu little lunch date with my favorite girl. 


We've had a LOT of dance parties in the kitchen lately - always to "Let it go" and "Do you wanna build a snowman?". And Maddie Jane constantly telling Alexa, "ONE MORE TIME!"


I planned a little party at work to celebrate our fifth year in a row winning Best of Staffing!


Maddie Jane had spring school pictures, and I was pretty bummed with how they turned out. The fall ones were WAY better, so I didn't waste my money on these.. 


Maddie Jane got a cute new shirt in the mail - it's 100% accurate. Fruit snacks and powdered donuts are her love language. 


Doesn't she look SO BIG!? I can't get over how fast it all goes.


Last weekend we started potty training... and it was an epic fail. We were trying the intense three day method, where you completely stop diapers and go right to underwear. She went FIVE times on the potty Saturday. We were PUMPED and feeling pretty arrogant about our parenting skills.


 And then she just quit - cold turkey. Never went in the potty again. So after hours and hours of sitting like this. And cleaning up mess after mess, I threw the towel in. (Did I mention that AJ left for a business trip on this day too!?) So I brought out the diapers and she literally started cheering! So... we are going to keep encouraging her to go, but I'm in no rush to do that weekend over again -_-.


I did sneak away on Saturday for a couple hours to get my hair done.. LOVE it.


And thankfully it was gorgeous last weekend so we spent a ton of time outside ( a lot of the messes were on the grass!!)..


I turned her water table into a sand table and she had been building up a storm! 


Camo crocs (courtesy of CC) and a Belle dress! Girlfriend has her own sense of style.. 


AJ was gone from Sunday to Wednesday, so we had lots of girl time this week.. 


I surprised her with seaweed as an afternoon snack and she was PUMPED. What other two year old is obsessed with seaweed salad!? haha 


And one last morning picture to wrap up this long blog post. Maddie Jane has two requests every single morning these days - a twirly dress and TWO ponies. Love this stage she's in and all her little quirks. Happy Friday friends! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment