In Birthdays Maddie Jane

Maddie Jane's 1st Birthday Party!

While we were home in Georgia for Thanksgiving, we had Maddie Jane's 1st birthday party a few days early! I may or may not have been planning this party since she was in the womb, so to say I was excited is an understatement!! I am still in disbelief our sweet Georgia Peach is a YEAR OLD. 


We had an early morning party because that is when our girl is naturally the happiest and we had to make sure we were done by the big football game (GA vs. Ga Tech)!


I had the ggrreeat idea that I would prepare all the food for our party of 50.. the day after thanksgiving.. not in my own kitchen. HA It was a little chaotic.. BUT turned out great!! First up on the menu, homemade peach cupcakes. 


Fruit kabobs.. 


Delicious pecan muffins (that Ms. Denise graciously did for me.. THANK YOU).


Yogurt bar with peaches and granola.. 


And what southern belle birthday is complete without a grits bar!? 


And ham biscuits :) 


And lastly her birthday cake! That AJ (my non-baker) and I did all by ourselves. I am so stinkin proud of this little cake!! 


We kept the decorations simple with pictures from the past year, several gorgeous arrangements made by Mr. Al, and a couple things from my mom's rental company.. 


And TO DIE FOR 1 year pics by Kasie Tanner Photography.




I literally called all over the state of Georgia trying to find peaches the day before. I am clearly spoiled by California's ample supply of any fruit, any time.. who knew you couldn't find peaches in November!? 


Maddie and Gigi! Gigi is really the reason this whole party is possible.. Who knew it was hard planning a party 2000 miles away!? HA


Auntie Paige!! We couldn't do life without Auntie. She is our go to for any and everything. Helps out tirelessly.. WE LOVE YOU!! 


Anna Kat and Sarah! Can you believe I babysat these girls all through high school!? And while we were in Georgia they kept Maddie for me! #fullcirclemoment #babysittersmakebestfriends


Maddie Jane and her Honey who flew in from Louisiana!


Grandma Audrey spoiled us all week long in Georgia. I'm talking bacon, grits, toast every single morning. Maddie girl is SO lucky she gets to have a Grandma like mine :) 


Present time! Don't think we have stopped hugging that snowman since then! ha




Maddie Jane was a little unsure about the cake business. She used just one tiny finger to eat each little bite! (And total mom moment.. we forgot to sing happy birthday!!!)








Maddie girl is so lucky to have some of the BEST big kid friends back in Georgia. I am so excited to see these kiddos grow up together! 


And these three.. goodness gracious. Please don't be like ya Mama's! If they only knew what we got in to back in the day... :) 



Best friends and our babies.. Man oh man I love these three girls.


And that's a wrap!! It was such a special day surrounded by so many friends and family members. Being 2000 miles away from SO many people, that mean SO much to us, is hard. But being in that gorgeous building, with all the people that love Maddie most, celebrating such a special day.. I'm really at a lost for words. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone!

In the words of Maddie Jane. "YYYYAAAAAYYYY!"


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment