In Ares Life Lately Maddie Jane Molly Weekends

One day life will slow down..

.. Until then, let me update you on the past three weeks. 2017 has been rough. I've been on planes 4 out of the 6 weeks, and unfortunately never to a luxurious resort in a tropical location. I'm exhausted, burnt out, and have been away from my sweet girl more often than with her. I'm kinda a scrooge right now, but I'm trying my best to get these sweet times with Maddie Jane on the blog!

A couple weeks ago, we took Maddie to a parent/me gym class. She LOVED it! 



Everything was pretty simple.. nothing too structured. At the beginning of next year, I definitely want to get her in actual tumble/gymnastic lessons. 



Favorite parts of the class were for sure the ball pit and the slide! 


We had a little party at AJ's boss's house.. Why does she look so big?!?


A Shake Shack opened up right by our house, and Maddie Jane had her first hotdog. Little girl was in LOVE and ate so stinkin much. 


And of course a couple sips of milkshake too :) 


Aunt Denise and Uncle Clint sent this sweet ride to Maddie for her birthday/Christmas. She thinks she is something in it!! 




On the plane from Louisiana, Maddie discovered Barney, and now it is out nightly routine to watch 15 mins or so to wind down. 


Sweet Molly girl.. never gets any love around here any more!! 


This is what 90% of the pictures look like on my phone. Maddie Jane the blur and stealing shoes out of her closet. She is OBSESSED with shoes and it is the most recent word she has learned. 



All the festive clothes were worn the first couple weeks of February. 


Can not get over the sweet girl of mine!!! 


Mom sent me some just because flowers. She knew just what I needed during these rough couple of weeks. 


Auntie Paige sent Maddie Jane a Valentine's outfit, bear, and a card with our favorite Mickey!! 


 A little grocery shopping.. 


And walking Molly.. 


And having a little weekend lunch :) She is so growny looking!! Please slow down little girl! 


And her new favorite.. taking off socks, shoes, diapers, EVERYTHING. Just because she can. This escape attempt knocked her right out. 


We are learning to use a spoon... it is um, messy. To say the least :) 


We tried to cheer on our falcons... 




And we all felt like Molly by the end.. 


I hope this little girl loves football as much as her Mama. Being from Georgia, it's usually heartbreaking, but it's the greatest sport in the world. 


And I headed back to New York for work... 


But at least had a little time to get some amazing food while I was there.. The sardines at Babbo.. AMAZING.


I waved hi to GMA for Mom on my way to the office. 


And celebrated solo the (hopeful) end of Private Equity recruiting season in NY.


Left my hotel at 4:30am in hopes of catching the first flight out of NY before the huge storm. We boarded and I was so, so hopeful.. then we sat on the runway for two hours and never took off... 


After 15 hours sitting in JFK, 4 different flights booked.. I finally made it out around 9:30pm. It was awful and absolutely confirms my desire to never, ever, live in the north.


Finally got back home to my girl!! We are working on saying "cheese" for the camera. She will do it, but then gets distracted looking at herself in the mirror hahaha



E sent Maddie Jane some bathing suits, so of course we had to try them on. I could eat that little ruffle butt up!! 


And we spent a little bit of time outside in between all the crazy rain we are getting in So Cal. 


And little mama is finally getting the hang of the stroller and loves pushing that baby round and round and round our house. 



I planted new flowers in two of my planters and all the extra rain has them looking great! 



Saturday night the stomach bug that AJ had earlier in the week finally hit Maddie. Poor girl was pretty pitiful, but woke up feeling much better! At lunch on Sunday you would never had known she was sick! 


We headed to the park to swing and slide a little and then she was out cold sitting straight up! 


That's a little bit of our life lately. Really, really hoping things slow down and we can get back in a normal routine around here! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment