In Five on Friday Friday Favorites Grace Ann Molly Recipes

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday everyone! I haven't done a Friday Favorites post in foreverrr! Happy to be back in my blogging grove. Here are 5 quick things that are my favorite this week :) I hope you guys have a great weekend!! 

1. My sweet sidekick(s)

This pup follows me everywhere. Everyone in the family is benefiting from me working part time from home - but I think this pup is liking it best! She just goes from room to room sleeping every chance she gets. 


Between Molly being connected to me at all times, little guy growing rapidly in my belly and MJ knowing her days as a single child are dwindling.. my lap is ALWAYS full. A few nights ago I was soaking it all up while watching AJ work on nursery things. 



2. March Madness
When we moved to North Carolina, I totally didn't think about how big of a basketball state it is. But holllyyy cow, March Madness around here is like November/December in Athens. Between Duke and UNC, the whole state is lit up with anticipation. I think between AJ and I, we have four bracket challenges we are participating in. We have been invited to March Madness parties and everyone's yards is decorated in some shade of blue. Nothing will ever compare to UGA football, but I think I can get behind this energy :)



3. Zucchini Boats 
I have struggled a LOT with food aversions.. I don't want meat hardly ever - if I do, I want chicken nuggets or taco seasoned ground turkey. So I asked my bestie over at The Healthy Peaches to help me get more protein in my diet. We came up with different ways to use taco meat, incorporating more beans, eating beef or bone broth and yogurt! And TMI.. my digestion is wayyy better these days! 

When I posted this pic on insta, I received several requests for the recipe. Here is a hodgepodge of a few recipes I mixed together to get what I was searching for:

1.. Cook 1 pound of ground turkey in taco seasoning and set aside. 
2. Split zucchini and scoop out insides..then use the leftover remnants of taco goodness to saute a half onion and zucchini insides (salt + pepper). 
4. Mix meat, onion, zucchini, 1 can of corn and 1 can of black beans together. 
(This makes SO much that I put half in the zucchini boats and save the other half for the next night to serve over rice.) 
5. Scoop goodness into boats, top with Mexican cheese and cook in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes. 
6. Garnish with hot sauce, sour cream, and cilantro! 


4. Maternity Style
In Charlotte it has been cold wet and rainy for approximately 65 days, ha! I have been wearing the same leggings and three shirts over and over and over. So when it hit 60 last week, I jumped at the opportunity to wear something new!! 


These outfits were from our weekend in Charlottesville. Surprisingly, I snagged BOTH of these dresses at Goodwill for $4 each. I haaaate spending money on maternity clothes and I just couldn't pass this deal up. They are both sleeveless, so I paired a cardigan/jacket with them for the cooler weather.. They are both super comfy and I will be wearing them weekly until July! 



5. Grace Ann Designs
I saved my absolute favorite for last.. I'm opening up a small shop! I have been researching for weeks to find a creative outlet that I can do with my spare time. I thought about monogramming, party planning, even opening a dry bar! But I finally settled on creating handmade jewelry from home. It is very little overhead and doesn't take a huge initial investment. I have been playing around with different textures, materials, and price points in supplies, and I finally have nailed down "my style". I am SO excited about this new venture and I cannot wait to show you guys my designs! 

I am starting out with statement earrings only. I LOVE fun, girly statement earrings, but have a hard time finding ones that are light enough for my ears. I have pretty stretched out earlobes that I am super conscious about, so I also prefer to only wear post earrings opposed to hook. So a majority of my designs with be in this form. Next week I will be doing a giveaway over on my instagram and will be officially launching early/mid April. It would mean the world to me for you to like, share, and follow Grace Ann Designs



Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Yay for Friday posts being back! You scored those at Goodwill?! Good work. I need to browse some local re-sale shops but have not done so yet. Yay on a side hustle - eager to see more!

    ReplyDelete