In Gigi Moving Weekends What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday


 I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!


1. What we're eating this week...
We are semi settled into our new house, but only have a grill and paper plates until the moving truck gets here! So.. the options are minimal around here. 
Saturday night: Amanda and I baked pizza for the boys
Sunday night: Mom, Chip, AJ & I used his new grill for the first time and had burgers and corn (on our card table and folding chairs, ha!)


Monday night: Alix brought over steak, potatoes, and asparagus to grill
Tuesday night: We tried one of the (many!!) super cute downtown Woodstock restaurants, Freight Kitchen - cheers to our first dinner as a family in Woodstock! 


Then the rest of the week I will be throwing together whatever I can for me and Maddie.. most likely some frozen chicken nuggets and ham sandwiches around here! Come back home soon Daddy!!


2. What I'm reminiscing about...
Our last day in California! Jenny and I both cried on Maddie's last day of daycare. This lady was such a special part of our lives and we will be forever thankful for the love she gave our girl.

AJ hit the road as soon as the moving truck finished packing our things and we stayed at a hotel before our flight Friday morning. My bestest California friend Kelsey came over for one last goodbye. This girl. I can't even talk about how much I'm going to miss her. So incredibly thankful to have found a forever friend on the west coast.



 3. What I'm loving... 
Our new house!! Man oh man it is so nice to have so much space!! Maddie and Molly are both loving being outside all.the.time. Living in California for four years really made me thankful for the little things.. Forever grateful for what that time in our lives taught me. 



4. What we've been up to...
Unpacking, buying, and welcoming Daddy home! AJ spent 4 days driving across the country with our car and Molly. We were so excited when he got home Sunday afternoon!! 



5. What I'm dreading... 
Unpacking all our things!! So our bed was delivered Saturday.. couch comes today.. washer/dryer comes next Saturday. But we really have no clue when all our stuff from California will be here. It could come any time in the next week! I am so anxious to get it, but dreading it all at the same time! 




6. What I'm working on...
Trying my best to keep this girl on schedule and feeling comfortable in a new environment. She is so go with the flow, that it hasn't been hard at all! She had the BEST first day of school and adapted to her new environment of eating family style and sleeping on a cot just fine! I am so proud of her! And she is making sure her babies are comfortable too! Look at this little Mama tucking Chloe in night night into the kitchen mat! haha




7. What I'm excited about...
Decorating!! All of our old bedroom stuff is going in the guest bedroom, so I really got to start from scratch with our room. The rest of our house is going to be farmhouse chic, so I was excited to make the master more spa/modern. (Totally making up these descriptions.. just go with it, ha!) This is the only place in the house that is even remotely close to being done and I am LOVING it!! 




8. What I'm watching/reading...
I don't really have time to watch or read anything these days.. Just unpacking/cleaning/decorating like crazy. My DVR is getting backed up with the Bachelorette, Southern Charm, and Teen Mom. What a mix! 




9. What I'm listening to...
The birds chirping and the rain falling! I know I'm a broken record over here, but y'all.. it is so good to be back in the South.

10. What I'm wearing...
Whatever I can find! I packed several suitcases full of stuff, but my iron is in a box on the truck!! So I am just trying to throw together whatever outfits I can for work..

11. What I'm doing this weekend...
AJ had to go back to Cali today for a week of teaching a class. So it's just me and this girl holding down the fort. Fingers crossed our stuff gets here so I can start unpacking! 




12. What I'm looking forward to next month... 
Enjoying our new house and yard!! Getting settled in.. Honey is coming to visit.. then it's Father's Day weekend (first time hosting people in our new house!!).. then we end the month with a Jones' family lake trip! IT IS SO GOOD TO BE HOME.



XOXO,

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!! <3 So happy to have you guys on the east coast--even if I haven't been able to come and see you yet. It's just nice knowing the possibility exists :)

    ReplyDelete